Monday, January 6, 2014

New Year, New Goals

I am a very goal-oriented person.  I love checking things off a to-do list and results that I can measure.

However, in reviewing my 2013 goals, I'd probably only give myself a C or so.

I met most of my reading goals and my real estate volume goal...
... but Eli and I went out for probably 8 out of 12 date nights for our (once-a-month goal)
... bought a new car, but didn't get both credit cards completely paid off (although we've made HUGE progress
... made some fitness strides (joined a gym, etc.) but not back to where I was pre-kids (will I ever be? lol!)
... grew a nice garden, but didn't get a new deck
... ETC, ETC!

As a result, many of my 2013 goals, I am carrying over for 2014, let's try this again.  Feel free to hold me accountable to these when you run into me.

SPIRITUAL
  • SEEK HIM
  • Time with God every day (preferably first thing every morning as long as kids cooperate)
  • Reading Sarah Young's Jesus Calling devotional this year
  • Will probably try to do all or most of the Good Morning Girls studies
  • Read at least 6 spiritual growth books
  • More accountability & growth in and with our small group
  • Doing 2 reading plans in the YouVersion Bible app (with Eli)
    • OWNit365 One Story
    • Rick Warren's Daily Devotional

FAMILY
  • At least once-a-month date nights with Eli!
  • Read at least 4 marriage books & 4 parenting books
  • Regular devotional time with kids
  • More active & outdoor family time

CAREER/FINANCIAL

  • Read at least 5 business books
  • Finish my KS broker license & start MO broker license
  • Put on a new deck, paint exterior of house, partially finish basement
  • Pay off credit cards!


HEALTH
  • Eat more veggies!
  • Exercise more!  (I got a Jawbone UP for Christmas, and I can't tell you how motivating it is to get to my daily goal of 10,000 steps.  If you have one or are thinking about getting one, do it and add me to your team.  It helps to have encouragers!)
    • Make it to our fancy gym (thank you to Eli's employer for making that possible!) at least 1x week
    • Walk outside or on treadmill at least 4x week

And my good friend +Tim Morgan decided to have a "theme song" for the year (his is HAPPY! which I love, but cannot steal), so mine is Steve Curtis Chapman's "Love Take Me Over."





No comments: