Saturday, December 18, 2010

11 Weeks Old!

I think I'm long overdue for another Micah update here...  a lot has gone on in his little world since my last post!

For Micah's 2 month birthday, we went on our first road trip to Branson, MO.  And as you can see from the photos below, we had a blast!



Christmas Magic @ Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO
Eli and I left on Thursday, December 2nd and after a pit-stop in Osceola, MO (home of the famous Osceola Cheese), checked into our BEAUTIFUL hotel room just after dark.  We stayed in a condo-resort on Tablerock Lake.  Our room had a jacuzzi tub, a gas fireplace, a full kitchen, and a balcony with a beautiful view.  Micah definitely took his first vacation in style!  On Friday, we were joined by my mom (Grandma Mary) and step-dad (Grandpa Poonie) and Eli's parents (Pappy & Grandma CC) and grandma (Nan).  We spent the full day at Silver Dollar City (one of my most favorite places ever - especially at Christmas time!!!).  And although Micah is too young to appreciate how fun SDC is, he was in awe of all the lights and enjoyed the Christmas parade (music AND lights!).  Can't wait to take him back next year... he'll really love it then!  On Saturday, we had breakfast at Cracker Barrel (a road trip tradition!), went to the Butterfly Palace, and then headed home.

All-in-all, it was a fantastic trip, but I am glad that our first vacation with Micah was a driving vacation and not a flying vacation.  And wow, my little SUV was full to the brim!  I have no interest in being a mini-van mom, but I can see the need to upgrade to a Suburban or something!  LOL.  By the time we packed our gigantic pack-n-play (with built-in bassinet and changing table), 100 diapers & wipes, Micah's 10 outfits, our clothes, my pump & cooler, things started to get interesting...  ;-)  I should have taken a photo of the car all loaded up.  Anyway, it was a good warm-up for going to Mexico in April for Eli's cousin's wedding and going to Little Cayman in May for my Dad's 60th birthday!  Hopefully, we'll have another road trip in here soon to St. Louis!

Micah Paul @ 2 months
Meanwhile, my little man has been growing & growing & growing.  He remains tall & skinny though.  He can really hold his head up well, and is rolling over like a champ!  He smiles and coos and giggles and melts my heart a little more every single day.

I'm back to work now, but really have it made.  On the days Eli is working, I work from home or occasionally take Micah into the office with me.  He's already been to 3 or 4 sales meetings and 3 office Christmas parties (Olathe Crown, Spring Hill Crown, and Paola Crown). Poor little guy probably doesn't stand a chance since he's 4th generation real estate blood... haha!  When Eli's home, he usually brings Micah to meet me and Uncle Nick for lunch so I never have to go too long without seeing him!

Baby Dedication @ Grace Community Church
Between coming to the office with me and going to every single youth group activity at church, Micah is probably about as socialized as a baby can be.  He doesn't seem to mind being passed around and especially loves all his older "brothers" and "sisters" in our junior high youth group!

One other very special event in Micah's life so far was his baby dedication at our church.  Our whole family was able to be there while Pastor Joel dedicated Micah to the Lord and our church family promised to love and teach him.  He is one blessed little boy to have such an awesome biological family and a huge extended church family in his life!!!

OK, I think I'm blogged out for now.  Here's my favorite photo of the moment (I found the hat on etsy):
Anne Geddes doesn't have much on this adorable shot!  ;-)

No comments: