Friday, May 9, 2014

Book Review: "Praying for Boys"

Praying for Boys: Asking God for the Things They Need MostPraying for Boys: Asking God for the Things They Need Most by Brooke McGlothlin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this thoroughly practical book on how to pray for boys. Author Brooke McGlothlin shares her own life and experiences (the humorous and the serious) and how she used them to teach her sons truths about life and God. Her commitment to praying for her boys is inspiring. She also provides detailed guides and even fill-in-the-blank (with your son's name) prayers based on scriptures and specifically fruits of the Spirit. I plan to use and reference these in my own prayer time for Micah - to remind me to pray for him and to guide me when I don't know where to start! Brooke also really motivated and challenged me to think about and realize what a great task it is to raise a good Godly man (they're hard to find, huh?)!!! Our world definitely needs more men who are willing to pray, serve God, work hard, provide for their families, stand up for others, be faithful to their wives and in their giving, and be a true man after God's heart. I pray that Micah will be able to grow into all of these roles.

I highly recommend this to all moms of boys (no matter what age!). Never too early or too late to pray for our sons!

View all my reviews

No comments: