Saturday, July 4, 2009

Book Review: In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day: How to Survive and Thrive When Opportunity Roars In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day: How to Survive and Thrive When Opportunity Roars by Mark Batterson


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
Encouraging and motivating, this book is a reality check. It begs us to ask the question, "How big is your God?" Big enough to enable Beneniah to kill a lion in a pit on a snowy day? A resounding YES (2 Samuel 23:20-21)!



I'm facing a lot of unknowns right now, but this book has me trying to be OK with that. After all, lion chasers "don't need to know what is coming next because they know that God knows."



And my personal favorite quote from the book: "God wants you to get where God wants you to go more than you want to get where God wants you to go." Knowing this is true is such a comfort. I know I'm not going to get it right on my own, but I don't need to be too worried about it.


View all my reviews.

No comments: